2015 was a phenomenal year for the South Suburban Housing Center (SSHC)!
SSHC welcomed two new members to our team! Both of whom add immense value to our organization as we continue to build capacity to meet the housing needs of south suburban cook county. SSHC completed phase one of our Inclusive Communities Grant Program after successfully administering our first ever Down Payment Assistance program. And 2015 marked the 40th anniversary of our agency!
Take a look at some of our successes below.
Inclusive Communities Fund
Down Payment Assistance
- 63 Grants Awarded in 17 Communities
- $575,950 Awarded
- Average Award = $9,142
- $6 Million in Real Estate Transactions
- $328,055 in Other Support Leveraged
- Average Purchase Price = $95,121
- 100% of Grant Recipients not Current Homeowners
- 43 of 63 renters → homeowners
- 19 of 63 living with friends or family → homeowners
- 140 total household members
- Household Income = $52,678
- Total Down Payment Assistance = $14,349
- Equity Position = 18%
- 17 Clients > 20% Equity
- 26 of 63 (41.27%) Moved into a Higher Income Census Tract