HUD’s Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Obligations
This workshop is targeted to local government entities, including municipalities, townships, school districts, and county government officials. Local governments and states that receive Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), as well as public housing agencies (PHAs), are required to affirmatively further the purposes of the Fair Housing Act.
SSHC has teamed up with some dynamic fair housing organization partners to provide an overview and framework for the requirements of HUD’s existing and newly proposed AFFH rules.
The following are a few of the topics that will be covered:
• Collecting relevant demographic, housing, and economic data
• Reviewing codes and ordinances
• Analysis of affordable and accessible housing
• Fair housing model ordinances and complaint procedures
• Affirmative marketing and lending strategies
Contact the Housing Center to schedule a workshop