Group Homeownership Education
Home Buyer Workshops
Our home buyer workshops are targeted to individuals & families that are actively looking to purchase a home, as well as those who may be interested in becoming a homeowner in the near future. The workshops are quite comprehensive and a great introduction to all stages of the home buying process.
The following topics, facilitated by industry experts, are covered during this 2 hour program.
• Consumer Credit – How to establish good credit, credit repair & credit scoring
• Mortgage Lending Process – Overview of mortgage types and how to get started
• Real Estate Agents – Overview of their role in the process
• Real Estate Attorneys – Overview of their role in the process
• Home Inspection & Maintenance – Overview of what to look for and what’s involved with maintaining a home
• Insurance Agents – Types of insurance and costs of covering your home
• Fair Housing & Predatory Lending – Overview of how to avoid & identify discrimination
Loan Modification & Foreclosure Assistance Workshops
Our loan modification and foreclosure assistance workshops are geared toward existing homeowners who are currently struggling with their mortgage payments, as well as those who are behind in their payments and facing the possibility of foreclosure. Our highly experienced HUD certified housing counselors will be on site, along with our expert foreclosure defense attorney.
The workshop presentations will cover the following topics:
• Foreclosure prevention techniques
• Loan modification & mortgage fraud scam awareness
• Resolution options for families in foreclosure
• Information about various mortgage assistance options
• Documentation requirements
Contact the Housing Center to schedule a workshop